Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nectarine and Fig Tart

Nectarine and Fig Tart
 Ingredients:
2 Nectarines
Jar of Fig Jelly
Egg
Pie Crust
Cinnamon
Sugar

All credit must go to Sunny Anderson. I watched her make a version of this on Food Network one afternoon and promptly fell in love with her.
Leave pie crust at room temperature so it softens a little. Roll out some pie crust. Slice the nectarines. Spread a decent layer of fig jelly onto the pie crust. Layer with the nectarines. I was too lazy to arrange the fruit nicely. Who cares, it'll all look the same in our stomachs. Leave some room to fold the pie crust up on the edges so it looks like above picture. Egg wash the crust and then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes, you're just going to have it watch it. It tastes AMAZING. I love figs and got the jelly/preserve at Publix. It all fit into a brownie pan so I put it all together and baked it in a brownie pan. It tastes so amazing. I only make it for special occasions or if I really like someone because I don't like spending $5 on a tiny jar of preserve. I'm cheap, so what?

See that sugar like substance toward the bottom of the picture. Holy cow...it's like...caramelized fruit sugar substance thing...It was divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment