Friday, February 24, 2012

Cabbage and Vegetarian Stuff

Cabbage and Vegetarian Stuff
Ingredients:
Cabbage
Can of vegetarian chop suey
Oyster sauce
Oil
Garlic
Salt
Pepper
Sugar
Soy sauce

I barely ate today seeing as it was the first Friday of Lent and I wasn't prepared. I beat up two of my students at lunch for lunch money. Unfortunately the cafeteria ran out of vegetarian options and cheese pizza. My last resort was Mac and cheese but I'm lactose intolerant! Thus I came home and cooked dinner immediately. Immediately being after a quick trip to my local farmers market store to pick up a head of cabbage. 

Peel the cabbage leaves off so you use about half of a head. Cut and wash the half head of cabbage. Chop up some garlic and saute it with oil until the garlic is browned. Add the cabbage in there, add s&p and cover it so it cooks for a little while. 
I added some chicken broth so it wouldn't burn (you can use water). Uncover the cabbage when it looks like it's 75% done. 
Add the can of vegetable chop suey (which you can only get at Asian markets), mix it into the cabbage and cover for another few minutes. Add sugar, oyster sauce and soy sauce to flavor. 
And of course I have to eat it with rice...and have two heaping portions of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment