Monday, February 20, 2012

How This Started

I started this blog because my friends told me to. I am sometimes a happy victim to peer pressure and this is the consequence of it. I don't claim to have hidden talents or aim to ever be on the Food Network, but I keep this as a record for myself. My food is generally the same with only small variety to the basic ingredients, but hey I'm the one eating it and I'm not complaining. I'm only going to post ingredients, not measurements. Like my mom says, we kinda just wing it.

I cook when I'm bored, when I'm sad, when I'm happy, when I'm hungry. I'm too self-conscious to cook for other people. I had an ex that criticized the way I drained spaghetti and ran cold water through it so it wouldn't stick. Obviously, his criticism didn't stick to me and follow me through the years...right...

If I were rich or had the opportunity to I would love to go to culinary school...and be just like my brother. Unfortunately, the realities of life get in my way and I am just going to stick with my amateur skills that I learned from my parents and through experience. 

I'm probably going to post the finished products of my crafty projects too. I feel like this blog will be taking up my time most nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment