Monday, February 20, 2012

Chinese Cupcakes

Chinese Cupcakes
Ingredients:
Strawberry Cake Mix
The rest is secret because I don't like sharing my momma's recipe on the intewebs

Not sure what you would call these in English so I called them Chinese Cupcakes. Not a legit name because you may be wondering where the icing is. NO ICING, you're suppose to toast some sesame seeds and add them to the top. If only all of them would open up so prettily into tri's.

I learned to make these last Chinese New Year from my mom because my cousin inspired me to tap into my Chinese cooking skills more. It's made from strawberry cake mix. I made chocolate ones for the man and got a burn scar because I wasn't careful. Idiot. Another reason why I don't like chocolate. Normal yellow cake is what I grew up eating and I made them last year for my co-worker!

1 comment:

  1. My curiosity is aroused! Proud of you for starting a blog!

    ReplyDelete